BROADWAY TECHNOLOGY MIT RAFFLE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER OR TO WIN THIS PROMOTION.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By entering the Broadway Technology MIT Raffle 2018 (the “Promotion”), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these Rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Broadway Technology, LLC, 28 Liberty, New York, NY 10005 (“Sponsor”).
2. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: The prize consists only of the following: one (1) Nintendo SwitchTM.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $300.
All taxes on winnings from this Promotion are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion will occur on Thursday September 20th, 2018 during the CS & Engineering Alumni Panel hosted by Sponsor, at 32-155, which commences at or about 6:00PM and concludes at or about 7:00PM (the “Event”).
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to students matriculated at MIT during the Entry Period, who are physically present at the Event and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (“entrant(s)”). Employees of the Sponsor, any agents acting for or on behalf of the Sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiary and related companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Promotion, members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
6. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter the Promotion, entrants must provide their full name, valid email address and designated major at the sign-in table. Limit one entry per person.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be announced at the conclusion of the Event. If the potential winner: (a) is not present or cannot be contacted; (b) does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) does not adhere to these Official Rules including failing to return the Releases as specified below; and/or (d) refuses the Prize, such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited all rights to the Prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that s/he has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers (if any), such individual will be declared the “Winner” of the Promotion.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION: The Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen once issued to the recipient. No Prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used. Any portion of the Prize that is not used is forfeited.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE: By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation breach of contract, reliance, personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or the use/misuse or redemption of the Prize. Except where prohibited, entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent and permission to use the name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information of any potential winner for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, promotion, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor in any and all media now or hereafter known (including through social media) throughout the world, in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission.
10. DISCLAIMERS: (i) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. (ii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iii) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (iv) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OR ASPECT OF THE PRIZE.
14. Official Rules/Winner: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all participants are bound, or the name of the winner(s), may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sweepstakes Administration at Sponsor’s address, listed above (postage not required for VT residents) to be received no later than December 31, 2018. The name of the Winner(s) will be available on or about August 30th, 2018.
11. APPLICABLE LAW: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (1) the sweepstakes, (2) the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or (3) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the sweepstakes, if any, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.